Tuesday, May 14, 2013

How much effort are you giving?



I was on Pinterest recently and I found an anchor chart that someone had posted called "How much effort are you giving?"  As soon as I repinned it, I just knew that I had to have this posted in my classroom for the remainder of this year, as well as next year.  I am currently using a character card that my students fill out at the end of each subject period each day.  They score themselves with a positive if they behaved appropriately and a corresponding character trait.  If they made a bad choice, than they write a negative with the corresponding character trait.  This card is signed over the weekend and returned to me every Monday.  Next year, I'm debating whether or not I want to turn the character card into an effort card where they would record a 1-4 based on the anchor chart below and students that earned a 1/2 would be initialed by me so parents could have a better picture of the effort that is being given in class.  I haven't made up my mind about this yet, but was mulling it over as I created the chart last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment